Friday, January 19, 2007

little women uncut!

As Heather said, "America has been lied to!" So here I am to set you straight, if you are in fact in the same situation. Since I recently read March, last year's novel about the father in the Little Women series, and I love Louisa May Alcott, Heather got me Little Women for Christmas. Now, I have read Little Women dozens, if not hundreds, of times since I first read it in about the 3rd grade or so. I know whole passages by heart. Yet as I re-read it, I realized all my life I've been reading a censored version. Who knew there are was actually more to Little Women than I ever suspected? Granted, there's nothing earthshattering that I missed, but still. AND, what we know as Little Women is in fact two separate novels: Little Women and Good Wives.

My world has officially been rocked. :)

oh, and in case you're wondering, March was a really interesting novel. I recommend it.

So last night was the return of the ELL class! It was actually really nice to see most of the people again. and I've picked up another weekly tutoring session, this time with Marton's girlfriend, so I guess he thinks it's helping.

and for those of you Elon people who know Allyson, she welcomed baby Claire into the world this week! Congrats, Al -- send pictures soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually knew about the two different Alcott books being combined. I'm feeling highly intellectual now. This may be the first time I've ever known something that you didn't know about literature in the 11 years of our friendship!!! (except of course for the whole Merryweather/Merrylegs thing, which only a few other supremely intellectual people know! :)
How's your weather. I heard lots of Eastern Europe got slammed with snow?
love you to pieces,
nik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home