Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm back in London!!!!!

and boy is it good to be back! I love it here (although I would love it more if Nik, Stace, and Al were here with me again -- it isn't the same without you guys!). We made it here with no problems, although poor Heather had to wear the same clothes for four days. I have very little kind to say about British Airways right now!
Amsterdam was great, if a little cold and dreary. I definitely want to go back during the tulip season sometime. It was a fascinating place, particularly the architecture, the bikes, and the, ahem, lifestyle. It's a different kind of place, that's for sure.
I think my favorite part was my hostel experience. We stayed at a special hostel run by people who volunteer or raise support to work there as a ministry to tourists, and they were fantastic. Plus, the other guests there were a lot of fun. We met some French girls that we really liked, and basically had a great time just playing games and getting to know other people from around the world. Cool.
Anyway, we made it to London today and plan to enjoy seeing the sights until New Year's! I can't wait to celebrate here -- it's kind of like going to Times Square, except Big Ben chimes instead of the apple falling, and there are fireworks next to the London Eye. It's going to be exciting!
Have an excellent day...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm jealous that you are in london again. have you paid a visit to our flat?

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paula,
Did you take a trip on the Bakerloo line? I hope you didn't fall into the gap!
Allyson

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second the jealousy part! I would LOVE to go back to London and visit all the old places. Happy New Year!

Meredith

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Ha! Al -- I totally think of you everytime I hear the Mind the Gap message.
I love and miss you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home