Friday, December 08, 2006

"You'll shoot your csiraszem out!"

You'll be pleased to learn that I have now successfully introduced my Hungarian language class to the phenomenom that is The Christmas Story! I showed clips of it last night for our final class, and naturally they laughed heartily at the bunny pjs and the Santa slide. We also showed parts of It's a Wonderful Life. Yep -- I'm fulfilling my mission: bringing Jesus, Ralphie, and George Bailey to the Hungarian people! :)

The other American novelty last night was chocolate chip cookies. It boggles the mind to think that they have never heard of them here, although to be fair they weren't exactly the same, since chocolate chips don't exist in Hungary. Heather and I chopped up dark, milk, and white chocolate bars, so we dubbed them Triple Chocolate Chunk cookies. I think they liked them, since one of them told us they were 'very fine.' I'm going to miss that class!

back to exams...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the bank run in civics and econ the other day.....glad you are sharing Carey Grant...handsome man....Cookies sounded great...shannon is pregnant! Must run...off to my 6:15 gym daye.....with pain...his name is pain nad he is in my knee...di

 

Post a Comment

<< Home