Wednesday, November 29, 2006

is it everybody's birthday?

This week has an unnaturally high number of birthdays. For instance, as I type, my study hall class is cutting the birthday brownies (complete with tealight candles) for two people in the room, and this week also has the birthdays of Lisa B and Heather (Boldog Szuletesnapot, guys!) :) In honor of Lisa B. we actually went to a steak place. Beef, for some reason, is different here, and decent steaks are hard to come by. It was a welcome change.

Anyway, we're well into Hamlet now, as evidenced by the fact that students are now starting to use phrases like "Get thee to a nunnery! Go!" and "Devil, thy name is woman!" with each other. I do love Shakespeare....and today we get to watch Mel Gibson's Hamlet! Despite his recent descent into craziness, I love this movie.

Speaking of movies, how much do I love amazon.com??? I ordered some movies for Christmas cheer, and they have already arrived! Almost a month ahead of schedule! I'm pretty excited, because it wouldn't be Christmas without George Bailey and Ralphie... let the holiday season begin!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Showed It's a wonderful life yesterday in Civics....Great Depression, bank run, etc....Still not decorating for Chritmas. Watch teh Charlie brown Christmas story and it reaffirmed my feelings to decorating this year.......off to school.love ya
di

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find my copy of It's a Wonderful Life ! :(. But I do have A Christmas Story, and Home Alone. I will watch it at home.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was my birthday too!
jessi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home