Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday

I really love my church here. I always feel encouraged by it! If you're curious about the church or want to hear a little Hungarian translating, check out the streams on http://www3.calvarychapel.com/budapest/ Go to Bible Studies, and they have audio from the services there. I thought you might enjoy hearing what I hear!

Speaking of the language, I've been frustrated about not feeling like I have time to take lessons --so I went shopping this weekend! I talked to the woman at the bookstore and she helped me find an instructional book that helps break down all those crazy grammar rules. I read the first 10 pages or so, and I can already understand a few more things!

starting Hamlet tomorrow -- I LOVE Hamlet! although one of my students ruined a fun lesson plan for me already. I always save a day for after we read for students to compare the Lion King to Hamlet (which it essentially is the same story, except the Disney sanitized ending, of course) -- but one of my students has read Hamlet before, made that connection herself, and shared it with the class already! There goes the element of surprise. :)

something to think about: I'm trying to decide if I should tutor a few carefully selected kids who might take the AP English exam this spring. There's not a class offered, and there are a couple of kids who have a good shot at doing really well. I just don't want to overburden myself! so if you have any great advice, leave me a comment or shoot me an email...

Have an excellent week!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I do many times, when I think about things I could do is, "What would I do with the time otherwise?" Then I pray, and ask God to give me the wisdom to select the nobler task. Which, most of the time is the thing I thought about doing, because, it probably was God leading me to do it all along.

Billy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home