Tuesday, November 21, 2006

on the radio

I'm re-reading High Fidelity right now, which is about a music snob who constantly makes Top 5 lists. So in honor of that book, and in light of the fact that I was amused by my radio this morning, here are the Top 5 Songs You Are Certain to Hear Every Day On Danubius Radio:
#5: Rhianna "Murderer" Can that girl get any whinier?
#4: Madonna "Just Like A Prayer" How old IS this song anyway?
#3: remake of U2's "One" which I love, but not so much in its Hungarian reincarnation
#2: some random Hungarian song, the only words of which I know are "Now, Now, Now, I, Now I..." It drives me crazy.
#1: Pink "Who Knew?" Does anyone really like Pink? not me, that's for sure. But these Hungarians seem to love it. Who knew, indeed...

and while I'm sharing random odd things about Hungary, let me share about milk. If you know me well, you know I'm a fan. I drink at least a gallon a week. Not here, my friend. The milk comes in boxes that aren't refrigerated until after you open them. They can sit there for months. I just don't trust that. and it tastes funny. I can never tell if it's spoiled or not! So today, I miss milk. Cold, refreshing milk that comes in a plastic carton...
Drink some milk for me this week, please. It does a body good.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is weird...the songs, the milk, everything. hmm, do they sell powdered milk? that might be safer! i will drink tons of milk today in honor of you! i feel bad for you, i know i couldn't live without milk. happy thanksgiving! i miss you!
jessi

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paula,
We want to send you a care package from good ol' Southeast!! What would you like to put on your wish list? Are there any food items that are not supposed to be mailed? Can't wait to hear from you - Donna Allred

 

Post a Comment

<< Home