Tuesday, December 05, 2006

getting in the Christmas spirit...

so I realized I never shared my Christmas plans! Heather and I are hosting a sleepover on Christmas Eve for everybody staying in Diosd (Lisas A and B and Emily) where we'll drink cider, watch movies, and eat chocolate. Then we've been invited to the Kliewer house for Christmas Day... and on the 26th, Lisa A, Heather and I fly to Amsterdam! We're staying for a few days to visit the museums, Anne Frank house, Corrie ten Boom house, etc. --and then we catch a flight to London for the New Year's celebration! It's where they have the equivalent of Times Square, so we'll watch fireworks at the River Thames by Big Ben and the Millenium Eye, followed by the parade in the morning. I'm so excited that it almost makes up for not being with my family! :) I figure this is the closest I can get to going home, since they do speak English there, and I get to visit the old haunts from my study abroad experience!

We've also been listening to Christmas music at the apt. and in class -- thank you Karen for sending me the cds! and of course the awesome replacement slap bracelet...

Tonight should also be fun -- I'm going back to the Christmas Market tonight -- this time with Erzsebet! Check out the official page to see how cool it is: http://www.budapestinfo.hu/en/for_the_tourism_industry/events/budapest_christmas_fair

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your welcome! i'm glad amy grant can rock your christmas:)it sounds like you'll have a very exciting one there!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

you went with Erzebet? Who is that? I bet you had a great time:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home