Sunday, December 03, 2006

procrastination

It's amazing how much I can get done simply by procrastinating doing my schoolwork. Today I watched a movie, saw several episodes of Arrested Development, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, put away four loads of laundry, and mopped all the floors. This is in addition to cooking, going to church, and studying my Hungarian book. and yet, have I done any of the work I need to do for tomorrow? Nope.

Karen, the lead teacher, graciously offered to take some of us to Tesco the other day. I always take advantage of people's cars and buy all the heavy stuff I might need and don't want to carry on public. The flaw in this plan is that I still have to carry it up the stairs! So Saturday night while I carry my giant bags of detergent, cleaning fluid, and frozen family packs of chicken into my apartment complex, this guy comes along and kindly holds the door for me. As I'm going up the stairs, he asks if he can help. Being Ms. I-Can-Do-It-Myself, I just said, "I'm fine, thanks," and lugged it all up to the top, where I opened the door and collapsed into the apartment. Then I started beating myself up, because a) I am too freaking independent to accept help when I actually need it, and b) I was so focused on proving that I could do it myself, that I didn't even realize HE WAS SPEAKING ENGLISH. Yes, the guy who lives below me can actually have a conversation with me, and I completely missed that opportunity. stupid, stupid, stupid...

ok, this was my last item of procrastination. time for some serious Shakespeare planning!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was he cute? was he married? you should always stop and find these things out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home