Wednesday, December 20, 2006

good day sunshine!

That's one of my favorite Beatles songs, by the way, but it's never meant quite as much to me as it does now that the sun appears maybe once a week :) This morning we could see blue skies, and it energized Heather and me enough that we actually spoke rather than just getting ready like zombies.

so to add to the festive feeling, I'm done with my exams! And I didn't have to proctor any state exams -- because there are none! Here's another huge difference: at our staff meeting, the director stood up and said something about how the alumni were going to be in town for the holidays and would want to come see the new building. I was all prepared to hear about how we didn't want them on campus distracting kids during exams, but he said, "Let's do our best to make them feel welcome; this is their school, too!" What a contrast. and what a joy to be in a place that can be small and community-based!

time to celebrate --can't believe we're already halfway through the year!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have "Blue Skies" at least every now and then!!
:)
Mom

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Phyllis said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We love and miss you very much!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home