Sunday, December 10, 2006

skippin' the opera...

So I made the responsible choice in not going to the opera tonight. I realize this. but it certainly isn't fun doing schoolwork when I could be enjoying Madame Butterfly at the beautiful opera house in Budapest... :)

I'd just like to share how incredible my family is... after a long day at work when my kids were a little off-the-wall and I wanted to throw the computer against the wall, I got to open part of my Christmas package from home! My brilliant relatives had included remembrances of Christmas past, including my personal favorite, a Christmas children's book with my name still scribbled in it from approximately 1983. I'm so glad my handwriting has improved, while I've lost my tendency to scribble all over the pages (or was that your handiwork, Kathy?). Anyway, my stuffed Frosty and various other Christmas decorations are now making our apartment merry -- along with a tiny Charlie Brown-like tree from Tesco! Now all we need is a little snow...

I love Christmas. I don't exactly love being away from friends and family, though....so remember to write letters, send emails, or leave comments! Much love to you all...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I barely remembered that book, but then again, I DID love to scribble, so it was possibly me. We thought you would enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home