Friday, December 22, 2006

bathtime!

So today Heather and I decided to truly enjoy our day out of school. First we hit St. Istvan's Basilica, which is probably the most beautiful church I've seen in all of Europe. Plus we happened to visit while a girls' choir was practicing for their Christmas concert. It almost made me cry, it was so beautiful.
And then we went to one of Budapest's famous thermal baths. Boy, was that an experience! Somehow, I was not prepared for the color and smell of mineral water, nor for the prevalence of speedos on elderly Hungarian men... It was actually kind of fun, though -- and we got massages! But we had no clue what we were doing, and I'm pretty sure people were laughing at us all afternoon. I'm certain they laughed when we thought we were moving from a hot bath into a hotter one -- but it was freezing, and we both screamed and ran out. Everyone in the pool thought that was hilarious. It was definitely a learning experience.
Later we walked around the city and watched the iceskaters at Hero Square, which was a lot of fun, although probably stupid with our wet hair...so we decided to warm up at the coffeeshop company! It's one of our favorite places, because as far as we know, it's the only place where you can get bagels, coffee to-go, and Oreo milkshakes. [sidenote: Why is it that you can't find to-go cups in this country? Surprisingly, however, I've decided I've become a little European, in that I no longer really want ice in my drinks. Who would've thought?]
Yep, I love me some pamperin'.
:)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to have been a fly on the wall!
:) Mom

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad somebody got to relax today! I had a very busy day, but now I get to go home and finally start my relaxing!

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to the mall and snickered at the last minute shoppers as we enjoyed our subway drinks and subway chocolate chip cookies. Blessing for you Paula! We love you and are SOOOOOOOOOOO very proud of you! Billy and Vickie

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you we wanted to wish you a merry christms and we hope you are doing a well ..we love you and miss you a lot! Hope your doing well in hungray =]
love, Brittany, scott, sue, and kent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home