Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I love chapel days....

... and today's was especially good [[Southside people -- Michael Watkins' friend was our guest speaker! It was good to hear a Southern accent :) ]. It was funny, however, to hear another teacher tell us to mingle with the students instead of standing at the side. "We aren't prison guards here," she said. Ha! When I think of all the times I had to stand guard during assemblies...

so a prayer request for you all -- as you know, this visa situation is getting a little ridiculous. Basically, our request was denied because of some unfortunate timing with paperwork, meaning we have to start over from the beginning, a process I started way back in, oh, February, when I first applied for a Letter of Invitation. The school is sending some people to Bratislava on our behalf this week. They're meeting with someone in a position of power, so there's a possibility he might have mercy on us and speed things up a bit. I'm not illegally here now, thankfully, but I would really like to have this taken care of.

oh -- and I'm definitely teaching AP English next year! I am pretty excited about that...but I wish I could have done it this year! I may tutor a few students individually this year if they decide to take the test...we'll see.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP next year - yaay!!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home