Tuesday, January 02, 2007

happy new year's!

So New Year's.... it was an experience. Let's just say the evening ran the gamut from miserable, wet boredom, to total irritation, to excitement, to utter chaos afterward. Once the weather cleared up, everything was great, and the fireworks were really amazing! But being part of the mass mob of 350,000 people trying to locate bathrooms afterwards...not so fun. It took us until about 4:00 to get home. crazy. but fun and definitely memorable!

Yes, I totally went to the old stompin' grounds today! It was so great to wander around Little Venice and Clifton Gardens, but Elon girls -- I was so sad to not be there with you guys. It was especially strange to see some random men come out of 'our' flat. They probably wondered what in the world that weird American girl was doing taking pictures of their place :) Anyway, I ate an almond filled croissant topped with powdered sugar for you, and wandered by the Robert Browning pub. lots of fun memories.

and then I hit the New Year's sales at Oxford and Bond Street, and rode the London Eye!

I love London.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not being one afraid to admit my ignorance, I must confess I'd never heard of the London Eye before. But not wanting to remain ignorant, I just went there via the marvels of the net for a virtual tour - wow!!

:) Mom

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Paula! I am enjoying your blog so much. Check out this link:
http://panoramas.dk/new-year-2007/new-years-eve-2006.html for a fabulous 360 degree view of the London eye on New Year's Eve.
There is a belated holiday gift for you that is on its way from SEHS. Love, Donna

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Paula said...

That is amazing -- we were ALMOST in that shot! I was standing about half a block down the river from that very spot. :)
Thanks Donna.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Paula. Looking forward to following your adventures. You made Nik's Christmas complete with your call. Thanks for all you do. Jim & Naomi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home