Tuesday, March 11, 2008

almost spring break!

and I can't wait. I am so ready for Kathy and Karen to come!

Last night I did something a little different -- I led a book club discussion for some of the women in the community. They're reading Shakespeare, so they asked me to be their expert on Hamlet and As You Like It, and it was a lot of fun. I've decided it's a lot different discussing literature with women who choose to read voluntarily rather than students who have no choice -- and I teach three of their children, so it was kind of fun to talk with the parents for a change. Plus, it was at EB Jackson's house, and she's basically the missionary Martha Stewart, so I got excellent snacks :)
This morning I led worship time for the women's devotions. I didn't really do much -- but it was a lot of fun to pick songs. We so often get caught up singing the same old songs; it was really nice to be able to choose some great old hymns or forgotten praise choruses.
We had a baptism service at church Sunday, which was really fun. I loved it; it was so informal but full of joy. And yet -- culture shock. Apparently, Hungarians wear white to baptismal services. They've apparently never realized that white + water = see-through. It was entertaining. and by entertaining, I mean it was both funny and hugely disturbing!
The students are almost done with the yearbook. Of course, that means I have the difficult editing part ahead of me now....but the end is in sight.
Our car is finally fixed -- hallelujah. We'll see how long it lasts this time! Apparently, all those times Heather talked about how the engine was about to fall out were fairly accurate, as whatever it is that holds the motor in place was broken. Thankfully, it didn't actually fall out -- and it was a little cheaper than we expected. And more importantly, we've seen again just how great this community can be. Several people went out of their way to pick us up or drop us off or even let us borrow their cars. I'm so grateful to be part of a community, not just stuck in a workplace.
and in other news, UNC DOMINATED OVER DOOK IN CAMERON ON SENIOR NIGHT. Just in case you hadn't heard :) I didn't actually get to watch it, despite getting up at 3 in the morning. Apparently, ESPN has realized the # of people illegally streaming games... but it wouldn't even let me legally watch it! I was willing to pay! I even tried to download software from China, which worked great until I was required to answer questions I couldn't read. oh well.... I still was thrilled to watch the gametracker updates.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean we can't watch ACC tournament games there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home