Monday, February 04, 2008

blah

You know, I don't really feel all that sick, but I do feel drained, in spite of the fact that I took a five hour nap yesterday (does that even count as a nap?). I kind of miss last year, when I lived two minutes away from school and could go home and sleep during my planning period. ah, the good old days!

I am sad to report that I was unable to win anything at the senior auction, although I did get to laugh heartily at my senior students dressed as superheroes. Heather and I aggressively bid on a variety of objects, at one point willing to pay over $20 for a gift basket that included Fritos and Campbell's soup -- but alas, we were beaten every single time. These missionaries are vicious! I was most disappointed about a big item, though. Lisa, Heather, Austin, Whittington, and I went in together to get a day with the Gyori family, who agreed to take the winners to their cottage in the countryside for horseback riding, shooting, and authentic Hungarian stew cooked over an open fire. We saved up for that one, outbidding everyone -- until one family raised a paddle just as we reached our limit. d'oh. Fortunately, we went to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Gyori after the auction -- and they invited us to come anyway! We don't have a date yet, but I'm really excited. They're such a great family. They are strong believers and fiercely proud of being Hungarian, so it's always interesting to talk to them.

I suppose I should probably get ready to teach... really wish today could be a movie day! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had known you were craving Fritos I might have felt guilty for helping Dad polish off a canister of them yesterday!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home