Tuesday, January 01, 2008

We have the best landlords ever.

So a lot of people have asked me if I'm nervous being in the house by myself. I'm really not. I don't scare easily, even after that crackhead guy came into my apartment a couple years ago!

That's why it was odd for me to be a little...uneasy. I kept hearing things. It's not unusual; this house has crazy acoustics, and if I could actually understand more Hungarian, I'm fairly certain I could interpret conversations from across the street at the bus stop. [Actually, I did understand the drunk guys sliding on the ice a couple nights ago...but that was not edifying conversation! :)] Tonight was different, though -- much louder and closer.

I kept the lights off and went to the kitchen window, where I could peek through undetected...and saw our landlord shoveling snow. We had several inches fall today, and he came by at 8:00 to make sure our stairs were cleared. He also shoveled around each door and gate, and he cleared off our car.

Yeah, I'm not at all scared. With landlords like this, I have no fear! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the crackhead guy at your apartment! Not a good situation!! So, how was the NC barbecue? Oh, and thanks for the Christmas card...the cookies did look yummy!

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love a good landlord.

BB,,hehe

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful ending to the story!

:) Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home