Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas was GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

I was going to post some pictures, but I left the camera at the Kliewers! I'm such a responsible yearbook teacher... :)

I finally got to see snow on Christmas! It wasn't much, but we still had snow from a couple days before, so everything was white - more or less!

So Christmas Eve, I went to a service held at the Hilton by the International Baptist church, who provided hot chocolate and plenty of Christmas carols. Christmas morning, I went back to Budafok Baptist with the Kovacs family. This time, one of the translators congratulated me on how well I pronounce Hungarian! That in itself was a huge gift, since that's quite a compliment. Language is so tricky -- even this translator, who spoke English very well, replaced the word for snowflakes with Frosted Flakes! I had to laugh at that one :)
After church I walked around Budafok in the snow for a while and took a few pictures before I drove over to the Kliewers for a late lunch. It was fun to see all the dolls and toys their little girls got, although I had less exuberant feelings about watching High School Musical 2. :) I ended up just crashing on their couch for the night, so the Christmas festivities continued in the morning with leftover Christmas cheesecake for breakfast!

I think the best part of Christmas, though, was opening the gifts from my family. Mom, Dad, and Kathy collaborated on a brilliant plan! Their gifts were all numbered, and the first gift was a DVD slideshow of pictures from our family Christmases since I was born. Then each gift was linked to one of the pictures. So clever and lots of fun!

So all in all, Christmas was full of love and family fun -- which is exactly how it's supposed to be!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and I both were covered in much prayer, so that the distance between us didn't cause us to lose the joy of Christmas!
:) Mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home