Wednesday, January 30, 2008

praises!

At the beginning of this month, I got a near-panicked email from my mission because they were concerned about my level of support. It was surprisingly low at the time, and we considered having to cut my pay in half this month, which naturally I didn't want to do. Thankfully, I didn't have to, as this month ended up being my third highest month of support raising ever! The Lord is definitely trying to teach me about faith. :) I am so very, very grateful for your generosity.

You probably remember that last year we moved into a new school building. We finished all the basic requirements, but we were waiting to finish some of the smaller details, like the intercom system. Well, yesterday we learned that because we have so many Embassy children attending the school, we've been approved for federal anti-terrorism funds. We got a grant from the US government to install a new fence, intercom, and updated security measures. This is worth around $270,000, so that's a huge praise.

Singing went really well on Sunday; I got a ton of compliments, which is always nice, and two people I don't know correctly pegged me as being from NC based on the way I sing. :) The song is sung by one of my favorites, Sandra McCracken, off an Indelible Grace CD. Fortunately, I didn't get sick until after I sang... I don't feel like doing anything. so I probably could use your prayers, as this is a big weekend. Friday, the 5th grade girls' Bible study Heather leads is having a sleepover at our house. Then Saturday, the Seniors are having a dinner and auction, which is their biggest fund-raiser for the senior gift and trip. And this week LOST returns, so Heather, Parker and I will have to make time to watch our favorite show. Woohoo for itunes! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$270,000 for antiterrorism protection!!! I'm not going to allow myself for one minute to think that in any way reflects on any real danger to you!!! No, sir, not for one minute!!!

:)
Mama

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

So happy LOST starts tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home