Saturday, January 26, 2008

surreal

Over Christmas I learned that our landlord's son-in-law is a bluegrass/country fan. This kind of surprised me, as that is the one thing you are guaranteed never to hear on Hungarian radio. Apparently, he fell in love with it during a trip to the South a few years ago and has people bring him cds from the States. Today when they were doing some work at the house, he brought me some cds of Johnny Cash and Ricky Skaggs.

Yes, that's right. A Central/Eastern European felt the need to educate an American girl from the South about her own musical heritage. :)

I'm helping with worship again at Danube tomorrow -- and this time some of my ELL students might come to hear me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

That is so cool. I love AKUS Rhonda Vincent, and many others. It is cool to hear someone half way round the world likes them too. I was listening to the Chieftains Down the Old Plank Road CD this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home