Friday, January 11, 2008

moving at the speed of molasses

So we agreed to buy a car six months ago.
We paid for it in August.
And today, I thought I would actually own it.

I should've known better.
I went to get my insurance straight, so we could get the engine tested, and while we were there we realized yet another important card had expired during this ridiculously long process!

So hopefully by this time next week, I'll be the proud co-owner of a 1990 VW Golf with peeling paint, a broken sunroof, a door that won't open from the outside, and power windows that work occasionally. I'm not sure if it's worth all this :)

I know it's a long way for you to travel, but I wish you could make it tonight to my debut performance in Budapest! Austin, Minkee, and I are singing at a coffeehouse run by a missionary family here at the school. I wasn't nervous about it, since I figured most of the people there are Hungarian. They can't understand what we're singing, and if they don't like it, we can't understand what they're saying! :) But word has gotten out, so we have a number of people from the school -- including students -- coming to our "concert." This should be interesting!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home