Thursday, January 24, 2008

I know....

It's been a long, long time since I wrote. Things have just been a little crazy -- we haven't even taken down our Christmas decorations yet!

So here's what you've missed in the hiatus...
  • unit plans. lots and lots of unit plans. We're going through re-accreditation right now, so everything for the year has to be completed and turned in by the end of this month. not the most exciting of things! but the end is mercifully nigh
  • worship. I helped sing at Danube on Sunday, which I always enjoy.
  • ELL. We started a new session last week! This time we had a new guy who spoke very little English. I couldn't explain things to him in Hungarian, but I could, for the first time, understand everything when the other Hungarians explained them to him! This was a big breakthrough for me, and really showed me how far I've come. although I was completely humbled when I tried to order Chinese food over the phone last night. I'm amazed we actually got our food delivered to us.
  • conversations. I don't know what it is, but I've spent some truly meaningful time with a lot of people in the last couple weeks -- deep conversation about life, religion, politics... it occurred to me how much I love living and working in a strong community.
  • future plans. Really, this is why I was waiting to post -- because I wanted to be able to officially announce I'm staying in Budapest for another year! I know many of you already know, but I'll be coming home in June to catch up with people, make some money, and raise support. I had to wait to meet with people from my mission and clear up some budget issues before I felt comfortable announcing everything. But now it's out! So this means you have another year in which to plan your fabulous vacation to Budapest with me as your personalized tour guide. :)
and now back to unit plans....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

Paula, glad to hear that you're staying through next year! Looking forward to serving with you soon, Audrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home