Monday, June 01, 2009

Prague

You know a trip is going to be memorable when you get the following email from your host on the morning you leave:
And there is also one thing that you should know. My door to bathroom
did not work correctly so the company that made it, took it away - so
it is public now :o((( I am so sorry but I am sure that we will find
some solution - mays be during time when you are taking a shower, I
will go out. I am really sorry - hopefully it is OK for you!!


Ha! as you'll see, we remedied this situation with a giant blue foam thing taped to the wall. It was entertaining.

And so was the trip, in spite of the cold and rain! I love travel, period -- but it's especially fun when you actually get to stay with locals and meet people. Heidi used to live in Prague, so her friend Pavel let us stay with him for free. can't beat that! :) Her connections also meant that we found cool places to eat for cheap, had our own personal tour guide, and listened to some cool music. It was seriously one of the most interesting trips I've ever had. On Saturday night, for instance, we were at a Wild West themed birthday party in a British pub in Prague listening to an acapella girls' group sing the Flash Gordon theme song while Pavel put confetti stars in my hair and Doini talked about how she was part of a ceremony honoring Ceauşescu as a young girl. Later a Czech girl taught some friends how to do the line dance for the song Achy Breaky Heart. I couldn't make up my life if I tried.

Prague is definitely one of my favorite cities. Enjoy the pictures; I hope they capture even a piece of its charm.


I now have less than a month before I move home -- yikes! Be praying about a job for me :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I both got a kick out of your height-discrimination shot!
This looks like a fascinating place!

: )
Mom

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I pray for a job near ME!!!
Stacey

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Kathy said...

those were fun!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

Your Shots are looking great:)

Look forward to seeing you back in the states...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home