Thursday, May 07, 2009

moving back...

Earlier this week, I stopped at my local CBA to get some food. The workers recognized me, smiled, and gave me a friendly Jo reggelt. I confidently placed my order (20 dekagrams of sliced turkey and two rolls, please), and then proudly reflected on three years ago when placing that simple order would've terrified me. How far I've come! I proudly thought. Even that horrific meatchunks-in-congealed-fat concoction doesn't scare me as much anymore. I understood every word that guy said! He understood me! I've got this living in Hungary thing downpat.

And then the guy handed me the seven rolls I had apparently ordered. Fortunately, bread goes well with pride...

In other news, I am truly sad to announce that our beloved/hated car Gellert has finally left us. Yesterday, we received word that repairs would cost almost $500. That's more than the car is worth. We still owe 18,000 forint for what's already been done, but fortunately we had an offer to buy it for parts for 20,000 -- leaving us with a grand total of $5 each in profit! Woohoo! :)

We're also packing up to sell things at the rummage sale on Saturday. Things are really coming to a close. Sad.

I saw this video on a New York based website this morning -- it's an ad for a place I actually recognize from my time in Greensboro. For those of you not blessed to live in the South, here is a hilarious taste of what I have to look forward to:


Oh, NC.

*If anyone is able to find and send me the link to the first "Mary, I've got a broken windshield!" commercial with the original Grandma at the end, it will make my day. Worst/best commercial ever!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Kacie said...

Seven and two sound pretty different-- how'd that happen? Weird.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Because I used két, which rhymes with hét. If I'd just stuck with kettő....

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've given me an ear worm - "At the Red House"!!!

: )

Mama

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Allyson said...

That was too funny. I'm guessing that was actually aired?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home