Monday, March 30, 2009

Final Four!

I am so pleased. even though my brackets were terrible this year, and UNC is the only team I correctly called for the Final Four! oh well.

good weekend -- I spent some time at the baths, enjoyed singing at Danube, and of course watched Lost and basketball! but this week should be rough with yearbook deadlines looming....


This morning I was struck by the sudden appearance of spring, in the form of buds on our trees and a number of very fat earthworms wriggling on our driveway. And that reminded me that it's almost April, which is Poetry Month! Here's one to start your celebrations. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Audrey said...

I love this poem, Paula! Teach it every year. Good choice to kick off the month of April.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

i could so use a trip to the bat's right now!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Kathy said...

me too!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last breaths of winter whisp their way
In frost they paint the sullen grass
The sun splits night and bathes the day
with life and promise for us to pass
with hope and dreams of days to come
when shoots of green their visage make
and fill the land with emerald hues
and blossoms take their place in time
Tis God who works in all of this
to please us with his world sublime.


by me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home