Monday, March 02, 2009

Alpha weekend

Although I really did miss the basketball tournament, I was so encouraged by the weekend away with some of the Hungarians who've been attending our Alpha course. Not everyone was able to attend, but I am confident that those who did were blessed. They had some really great questions, and I think we gave them plenty to think about. One told us later that he would like to have us pray with him, but he is scared of what will happen, and he is not ready for that yet. Another woman agreed with him, and I think that seemed to be the common theme of the weekend. They are drawn to Christianity for sure -- but they haven't quite been able to take the initial step of faith. One woman was visibly moved during a prayer time, and when two of the women on our team prayed with her, she wanted to pray the sinner's prayer and started to pray-- but she couldn't say a phrase about surrendering her life to the Lord. She later said that she realizes the importance of that, but based on our conversation on the way home, she's still struggling with what that may mean.
So please pray for our guests as they struggle with questions and new ideas. We're all excited to see God work, and I was really thrilled to have been a part of this weekend!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What impresses me most is that they are so serious about this - not just mouthing words. Whenever they do pray that prayer, it will be sincere!

Mom

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom. These are people who are genuinely seeking. I glad you are there to help lead them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home