Thursday, February 12, 2009

hahahaha. Duke.

oh, you tried. You chanted insulting cheers, you threw things at people, you even threw an elbow, but all of that could not prevail.


After the game, I saw this comment on someone's celebratory facebook status. I wanted to respond to it so badly, but I knew that probably wasn't especially wise, given I don't know her from Adam* -- so here it is!
the stupid dean dome could NEVER match cameron's intensity. EVER. unc fans are LAME.
I am incredibly proud to be "lame." Not only am I on the side of victory, but I understand that the game is about more than just the venue or the fans.
As we celebrated our win, our incredible talent, our poise under pressure, and our proud tradition, I'm fairly certain none of the Carolina fans thought, "But what we really need is for our fans to dance around in blue paint and Speedos and write obscene songs about other players!"
You call this intensity; I call it obnoxious overcompensation (much like your use of capitalization). Whatever you choose to call it, it has been soundly defeated by talent four times in a row.

There -- I feel much better now having vented!
and now I'm off to a very sleep-deprived day!

*Did anyone else laugh when ESPN did the montage of great players from Duke and Carolina? They had Jordan, Laettner, Worthy -- and then Wojo. Wojo! ha! Do you think the average basketball fan would even know who he was?!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video, I have a moment every time I hear Hark the sound!

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wasn't wojo that guy on Barny Miller?

BillyB

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Renata said...

Nice post! I'm so with you! The University of New Jersey, I mean Duke, fans just keep coming up with some good ones. Especially since it's the best venue that brings home the national championship trophy.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

some duke fans can be a little immature:)

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye zigga ZOOMBA!!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home