Thursday, January 22, 2009

playing mom again

This week I'm housesitting for 4 kids and a dog, so I haven't been able to get online much ...but I wanted to brag about how great my students are. Sometimes I wonder about these kids; they know all the right answers, they know how to play the Christian game, but they don't always show evidence of a genuine, life-changing faith. The staff has especially noticed that this year, since the school lost so many strong student leaders at graduation. Sometimes, we just wonder who's going to step up and do something!
Well, I sponsor the sophomore class, and this week, they've encouraged me. Without any prompting of any kind, they suggested that we sponsor a child as a class, which I think is very admirable, and that they could set up a mentoring program for upperclassmen to meet with the lowerclassmen. I was so pleased to see them taking initative in areas where they see need. Great kids!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to see spiritual fruit, especially where you've helped till the soil?!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home