Monday, January 05, 2009

I love alumni.

My AP English class was just invaded by 8 ICSB graduates -- which I'd like to point out is greater than the number of students actually in that class. I abandoned poetry entirely to chat with them, and it was really fun to catch up. Not surprisingly, they remember my crazy personal stories far better than they remember syntax and diction lessons, but whatever! It was encouraging to hear that they were doing well and that my class had helped prepared them for college. One student proudly pointed out that referring to the books he had actually read in my class had made him look really smart in front of other people. I refrained from pointing out how smart he'd seem if he had only read ALL of the books I taught in my class!

They were an especially pleasant surprise on the first day back at work, when I just didn't want to show up at all... a great way to end the day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those former-student visits really are great, aren't they!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home