Sunday, February 01, 2009

snow!

I finally fulfilled a wish yesterday -- to be at the outdoor baths at Szechenyi while it snowed! Ok, so it was only a few flakes. but it counts! Today, however, it's snowing quite a bit, and hopefully will actually stick around for a while.

It's been rather busy lately. Kacie and I volunteered to make lasagne for our Alpha course Thursday night, so Wednesday we busily made enough lasagna for 30 people. I left it out to cool -- and forgot to put in the fridge. I found it in the morning when I got up. oops. so Thursday I made ANOTHER large batch and got it done just in time for the course! Alpha's going really well, by the way, and they have lots of great questions. and I'm off the hook for cooking again for a while! :)

This weekend has been busy. To celebrate the rise of the dollar against the forint (today it's at 232, which is a huge jump from last year's 170 or so!), Lisa and I went to eat at Wasabi, an all-you-can-eat sushi place, Friday night. Saturday after the baths and our favorite coffee shop Gloria Jeans was the senior auction, which is always fun. Lisa, Heidi, Audrey, and I went in together to win Indian cooking classes from a mom at the school, which I'm really excited about. During the auction, I was in charge of the sophomore class, who provided babysitting for the families. It's a little scary to be in charge of 15 year olds playing with 20 or so small children, but they did really well! It was a long 3 1/2 hours, though. Today after church we went back to Gloria Jeans to meet up with some friends, and tonight I'm rehearsing for worship this week. It's Spiritual Emphasis Week at school, and it's a big deal here.

Whew! I'm tired just typing all that!
Just for fun -- here's the song I can't stop listening to lately. Enjoy.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

I want to go to the baths!!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had mentioned to Kent a few nighs ago if he thought you had gotten any snow so far...We had a little a week ago, a flury last night & they say maybe 1 to 3 in tonight. THEN they say the temps to be 65 or 70 Sunday!!! We are ready for you to get back to this crazy weather
Love Auntie Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home