Wednesday, March 18, 2009

crazy global warming...

It's been beautiful here for the past few days -- all sunny and springlike.

and then we began to have insane amounts of wind. This wouldn't be a big deal for students spending the day inside,you would think... except you would be wrong. You see, here at ICSB, the wind creates this eerie howling noise. The first time I heard it in the building late at night I was terrified! So all day long today I taught with the sound of whistling --nay, screaming! -- winds. not fun.

And then midway through the day my students looked outside to see... snow! Huge flakes being driven by near gale-force winds.

You know, I love snow. in winter. not so much in mid-March! We should be seeing buttercups and tulips everywhere! I should be able to wear skirts with no tights! It didn't last, and it certainly didn't stick. But man, it's jarring to see snow when all you really want is spring.

The good thing about the crazy wind, I suppose, is that it does make for fantastic views out my window. Because the weather's changing so quickly, the sky has been utterly gorgeous all afternoon. I'm not getting anything productive done because I've been staring at clouds racing over Diosd. :)

I haven't updated in a while because I've been frantically grading. I hate the end of the quarter, when I check our online program and realize I haven't entered any grades for the last month or so. So I spent this weekend grading away, while watching some basketball online! I was sad about Carolina's exit from the ACC tournament, but I realize that saving Ty Lawson was necessary for the REAL tournament. Let duke have a win; they know we swept them this year, and that's what really matters!

I did have some fun this weekend, however. Some of us went to Vapiano's, a pasta place I love, so that was a nice treat. The real highlight, though, was Friday. We had a day off from school, so Heidi, Audrey, Lisa, and I had our Indian cooking lessons! Ashmita was an amazing teacher; we were there for four hours, and we left with full bellies and 16 delicious recipes. 16! I can't wait to make some chicken masala on my own now. :)

Tonight I'm going with Heidi and Audrey into the city to watch a Hungarian movie screening and Q&A with the director, which is pretty exciting. I don't know much about the movie other than it's somewhat like a Hungarian version of Grease -- and given how much Europeans love Grease, it's sure to be entertaining!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to try those recipes on us, aren't you?!

:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home