Tuesday, April 07, 2009

UNC Pride (Hungarian style)

When Carolina won its last championship, I was there. Kathy and I went to the Dean Dome, cheered with a ridiculous number of people, and then joined the masses on Franklin Street.

This year, my experience was a bit different, to say the least. I was the lone Carolina fan watching in Diosd, I'm pretty sure! I watched alone online (thank you, ncaa.com)in my classroom [but Kathy and I did do a little trans-Atlantic text cheering], and when I left this morning, there was definitely no one out celebrating in the streets! It was 6:15 -- just enough time to run home, shower, take a quick nap, and come back to teach! It's much more fun to watch with people -- but the victory was still pretty sweet!

I'm so pleased.
Here's a timelapse video I found of the celebration on Franklin Street. I was there in spirit, anyway! :)

Timelapse: Franklin Street after the victory from The Daily Tar Heel on Vimeo.

It's going to be a long day, as I'm singing tonight for a special worship evening here at the school. But totally worth it.

and just for fun --


May this kid see many, many more wins!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you hear the cheers from Nashville, NC??? That little kid was precious........See you soon!!!
Auntie Sue

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great victory for our beloved Heels!!

: )

Mama

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Kathy said...

Hark the sound of Tarheel voices!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

I was there this year:) YAY!! So worth it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home