Friday, April 03, 2009

alpha wrap up

We had our last Alpha meeting last night. It was bittersweet -- a time of celebration, but also a reminder that I'm not going to be around for much longer.

I was so touched by the people who came each week; I didn't anticipate how quickly we would feel connected. When one of them was leaving last night, she apologized that everyone was so quiet during the discussion and explained it was because they were all so emotional. She also said, "Thank you for taking care of our souls." How sweet! Every single one of them said they were interested in meeting again. One of them said he wanted to continue our discussions, and another immediately added, "and go deeper!"

This gives me so much hope for the church our team eventually wants to plant there. The people genuinely want to know more. And they are such kind people!

I am so pleased I had this opportunity. Keep them in your prayers.

The picture is of the English speaking group -- from left to right: Tivadar, Chad, Mario, me, Kacie, Laci (yes, it looks like lacy, but it's a guy name!), Imre, Eva, Ina, Steve, Robyn.




I realized I never wrote about ACSI accreditation. After months of preparation, unit plans, and self study questions, we finally had the visiting team come. We passed with flying colors, and they were extremely complimentary of the school. It's such a great place to work.

And finally... (I really didn't mean to make a pun there, but I'll go with it)


This weekend. Final Four. YES.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Alpha comments are very moving! May the Spirit draw them ever closer to the LORD!

Mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home