Sunday, May 03, 2009

when it rains, it pours.

actually, I think I can safely say this past week would be more like torrential downfall and extensive flooding....

I really don't want to relive the technological issues, the parent emails, and the yearbook frenzy, but let's just say it was a rough week. So I was kind of looking forward to staying with the Martin girls over the long weekend. They're in high school, so it takes minimal effort, and they're just fun kids.

On my first night with them, I scratched their car. oops. (Michelle's response was, "It's not that bad. I'll use a marker on it when we get home, and they'll never know!")

On my second night with them, I was getting ready to sing at the school coffeehouse when I suddenly learned that Michelle appeared to have broken her collarbone playing basketball in the gym. sigh.

Thank God for Lisa, Mary, and the Humphry family, who figured out transportation, navigated the Hungarian emergency care system, and kept me company until everything was over! I can't tell you how much I value being part of this community.

Michelle is doing fine, although the break is pretty bad. She finds out Monday whether she'll need surgery. We've spent the last few days playing board games and watching a ridiculous amount of tv and movies --- which, come to think of it, are pretty much exactly what I needed after this week!

Things are definitely looking up -- yay for May!

And congrats to Karen on her wedding! Wish I could've been there... :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Michelle doesn't require surgery.

Have you been keeping up with the 'Canes - they are looking good!

: )
Mom

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

Thanks, Paula...look forward to seeing you soon:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home