Friday, May 15, 2009

fokhagyma

is the Hungarian word for garlic. I love garlic. I cook with it all the time; I increase the amount in all my recipes. I'm a big fan.

I do NOT, however, love garlic jelly beans!

One of Lisa's supporters sent a huge bag of jelly belly pieces. I was happily munching away until I thought I had a coconut jelly bean -- and it was in fact garlic.

For the love of God -- why is there a garlic jelly bean?!

Just for fun, today when we had a few extra minutes in class one of my students and I had a garlic jelly bean showdown. for real. I had at least 15, but we ran out before either of us backed down. :)

And the room still smells like garlic.

Yes, this is what teaching at the end of the year looks like -- I taught for an hour about the Holocaust, and then the class cheered as I tried to eat garlic jelly beans.

I am so ready for summer!

or at least my birthday weekend -- I'm clearly SO mature now at 31 :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Love and Hugs,
Mom and Dad

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday Dear Paula...........
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Now sing to your self!!
Love ya
Auntie Sue & Unk Kent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home