Saturday, May 23, 2009

Viszlat, Gellert.

It's official.

Gellert is no more; yesterday I sold our 1990 VW Golf for parts in a transaction I hope was legal. :)

Lisa and I both teared up when it was done. I've never loved a car more, and I've definitely got lots of memories. Most involve some form of breakdown, but there's also learning to drive stick shift, riding in the trunk, driving back from Etele Ter on the eve of my 30th birthday, and singing ridiculous songs in order to make up for the lack of a radio. Good times.

My week of birthday fun has been fabulous. I've gotten to spend time with Kay Myers, the Hollowells, my mission, current and former students, the Custers, Heidi, Audrey, and Lisa. I've done a lot of reflecting -- and I'm convinced there is an abnormally high percentage of amazing, Godly, and fun people here in this community. Truly, I have been blessed! Also, I found SoftBaked Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies at the local CBA; I choose to believe this is a sign of God's love for me. :)

The senior class asked me to sing at graduation, and naturally they failed to choose a song before they left for Cyprus on their senior trip! Any suggestions? I'm desperate!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home