Friday, June 05, 2009

graduation




I have tons of pictures of me with students, but I'll save you from all those and only post a few....

This is Mason, one of my awesome sophomores. He was incredibly sweet today telling me how much he had enjoyed my class.


Meet Michelle, the one who broke her collarbone while I was staying with her. Because of that, she holds the distinction of being the only student whose hair I've washed. That's definitely something I never anticipated when I became a teacher :)
She also shares my love of Carolina basketball and Lost, so it's been fun hanging out with her.


And this is Olivia. I am so ridiculously proud of her. She came to our school two years ago with limited English, but she enrolled in my AP class anyway. It was really difficult for her, and her father almost made her drop the class, but she begged him to stay because she enjoyed it. In the end, she was one of my best students -- and her dad sought me out to thank me for giving her a love of literature. That's the kind of compliment teachers live for.


All in all, a good day. I only cried once! And I got a lot of compliments on my song; thanks for praying. I ended up choosing one of my favorites; you know how much I love Sandra McCracken! I thought it fit pretty well for both me and the graduates: My hopes and desires seek a new destination, and all that You ask, Your grace will provide. How thankful I am for grace! and for the hope of heaven, so these goodbyes aren't too final. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures - it's good to see you!

: )

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home