Saturday, June 13, 2009

a cseresznyefa/ the cherry tree

I love staying at the Hollowells. I don't have a horrible mattress, a bathroom faucet that doesn't work, or mold growing all over my things. I do have a large kitchen, a microwave, my own bathroom, and internet access. So nice to feel like I'm in a home again.

I also have a cherry tree that is LOADED with cherries.

This is both a blessing a curse. I spent over two hours yesterday picking up cherries after a storm -- and then I had to pit some of them!

But the payoff is pretty exceptional. I'm eating delicious cherry crisp right now for breakfast, and I have another two gallons of cherries in the fridge waiting to put into a tasty pie or this recipe, which I'm dying to try.

and there's more on the tree! Woohoo! In a couple days, Lisa will be back from Dubai, and Mom will be here! so I'll have a little help :)

I am a little sad to be missing the Hardy family reunion this weekend. It's being held at the old family place, so I'm a little bummed to miss seeing that. I'm more bummed, though, by missing the people. Love you, Hardys! See you soon.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger 2024 Journey said...

Hey that is my old house..LOL

Isn't the cherries just wonderful? we miss them so much. Great to hear someone talking about them. Hope we can connect when you move back to NC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home