Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love Day wrap-up

Valentine's was full of positive things, such as some cute Valentines, an excellent meal at the local Greek restaurant, and a student's gift of string cheese. You might think this is odd, but I love string cheese, and the Hungarian version is less than satisfactory. Liz's mother had brought back some from the US, so I got to indulge a little. To me, that was love!

I also had a lot of positive affirmation about my teaching, which is always wonderful -- especially around February when I just don't care anymore. Really, I miss block schedule. a lot.

The highlight would have to be our surprise excursion. Austin and Jonathan W. took some of the single girls to our local rock quarry to thank us for the many meals we've cooked for them. When we got there, they had a fire going --with smores! and guitar music! (well, until we broke a string. oops.) It was a lot of fun and a nice break from the norm... although getting up to come to work this morning was twice as hard as normal. I am so looking forward to this weekend to get some sleep... and Monday is a workday! WooHoo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home