Wednesday, September 06, 2006

first day of school fun!


obligatory first day of school picture... I really wish I had my kindergarten one to put beside it! By the way, I angled it so you can see my balcony. There are two benches and a drying rack out there right now, and there's another door that opens into my bedroom. The other picture is my bedroom from the balcony door. Notice the rather large couch. We couldn't get it out of the room and are convinced they built the apt. around it. I gave in and just decided to keep it! Makes the bedroom a little small, but it works!

So here are the reasons today was amazing...
a) easiest first day ever. I'm not sharing details, because all of you public school teachers would hate me! Let's just say I have ample time to grade papers and plan. I've never been so prepared.
b) wonderful kids. I love them already. it's like all your favorites are in one class (not that I have favorites, of course...)
c) explored the city after work today with Emily and Lisa B. We found a little paper shop where I finally found stationary (have I shared my frustration with that? Apparently people in Hungary over the age of 12 don't write letters, because I can't find any stationary. Fortunately, I kind of like the 12 year old girl stationary I found today, so a few of you may actually get real mail sometime in the near future)
d) I got four things in the mail today!!!! I opened Nik's first and thought, "Nik is the best letter-writer ever!" Then I opened Mom's and it was of course sweet, and very needed since it contained the InDesign installation disk for my yearbook class! And then I opened Kathy's, and there was a packet of ranch dressing and some crystal light! You guys all rock, so I hereby declare you all best letter-writers ever. The fourth was the last package from Southside, but I got the notice after the post office closed :( Something to look forward to tomorrow! Oddly, the dates they were mailed ranged from mid August to September 2, and yet they all arrived on the same day. What does this tell us about the respective postal services of the USA and Hungary? (no offense, dad!)

Have a great day, friends.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I am glad you are doing well. I love the hair...did you cut it?
Can't write much...sweaty form the gym and need a shower before school.
I miss our talks and hope to hear from you soon. Lots of love, Di...i blogged again fyi

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the hair!

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new hair cut. It makes you look younger. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Hope it never ends. Take care.
love -
Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home