Wednesday, August 30, 2006

an even happier day...

so after I posted the last update, I went downstairs again -- and had a package from Mom and a letter from Kathy! That was the first time I've been homesick since I've been here :( But it was awesome to get stuff... thanks! I had to have people help me carry stuff home because I had so much -- everyone was jealous!

Tonight Lisa B, Emily, and I got brave. We risked taking public to the local mall without the veterans for the first time! No problems, I'm pleased to report. However, the first bus was late, so we were forced, against our will, to visit the local cukraszda for some chocolate cake. Our mission at the mall failed, though. We learned that non-Hungarians have to have some special plan or documentation to get them, and it seemed like kind of a rip-off, so no cell phone yet. But it was an adventure! On the way back, we were trying to figure out what time the bus would return. Our stop had an asterik on it with a footnote. Since we had 30 minutes to kill, we whipped out our Hungarian-English dictionaries. We found all the words. It didn't help. Here's the basics of what we came up with:
candidate bus route course and no concern stop.
Um, yeah.

This language is going to be more difficult than I thought!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home