Wednesday, August 23, 2006

twice in one day!

so somebody is on the vonage line, and I figured I'd update again while I wait...

Tonight i was pleasantly surprised. Austin is one of our new school teachers, and he's, well, hyper (Hardy family -- think Scott on speed). Naturally when he invited 7 of us over for dinner tonight, I was a bit skeptical. And there were a few moments when I thought disaster was imminent, like when the french toast fell onto the open flame (gas stoves). But it was actually good. Even better, it was so nice to have such community. How much fun it was to sit around, talk about our time there, and pull out the guitar -- and you know how I love to sing. I'm not so sure how the Hungarian neighbors felt about it, but I thought it was pretty cool. I know I keep saying this, but I am surrounded by amazing people. And we're all vastly different -- guys, girls, elementary, high school, health nuts, couch potatoes.... we all mesh together well.

I'm grateful to have such interesting new friends! and now let's see if the vonage line is open...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home