Thursday, August 10, 2006

almost gone...

I wondered how I would feel on my last night here. I anticipated being sad and nostalgic. Maybe it's because I've cried myself out, but I'm really not feeling that way. I'm mostly excited, a little anxious, and absolutely exhausted. I'm seriously looking forward to that long flight so I can sleep!

A few of you have wondered how the terror scare would affect me. Fortunately, I'm not flying through London, so I can carry my laptop and FauxPod after all! I did have to repack again, and I had to cut out a few things, but I have all the essentials. I even managed to pack posters for my classroom and a yoga mat! Mom is an amazing packer.

I don't know when I'll be able to update again; hopefully I can get wireless access at the airports, but I'm not sure. I also don't know when I'll have internet access in my apartment. Anyway, until then, pray that I (and my luggage!) make it safely into Budapest Saturday night. This might be a little presumptuous, but sometimes when I'm in a rut or can't pray, I read from the Book of Common Prayer ( http://www.missionstclare.com/english/ and http://www.northumbriacommunity.org/PraytheOffice/index.html). I would love to have people pray these things for me:

God, whose fatherly care reaches to the uttermost parts of the earth: We humbly beseech you graciously to behold and bless whom we love, now absent from us. Defend them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both they and we, drawing nearer to you, may be bound together by your love in the communion of your Holy Spirit, and in the fellowship of your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you, wherever He may send you. May He guide you through the wilderness, protect you through the storm. May He bring you home rejoicing at the wonders He has shown you. May He bring you home rejoicing once again into our doors.

The next time I update, I'll be in Budapest!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your blog after I talked to you on the phone from Chicago. Really love those prayers - they're perfect and I'll be praying those along with my own!

Much love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home