Friday, August 04, 2006

possible setback

Hey guys... so with less than two weeks to go before my departure date, the Hungarian government has suddenly decided to be uncooperative with visas for the new teachers.
I've talked to people at the Hungarian embassy, and I believe I can enter the country as a tourist. However, then I would have to be without a passport for several weeks while my visa is being processed. I could pay to have a second passport rushed to me, but that's a financial setback I was definitely not expecting. Basically, I'm really confused and just want to get there without wiping out my money.
Here are things you can pray for:
--that I will receive 100% of my support in the next week (I'm currently at 85%).
--that all my insurance and records of physicals, immunizations, etc. will be in order
--that I will receive my official Letter of Invitation from the Hungarian government before I leave
--that my visa (and maybe a passport) can be secured quickly and with no problems (one teacher actually had her application denied, and we have no idea why).
--that the school will be able to deal with a teacher shortage at the beginning of the year. There are currently 6 teachers who know they will not be able to go in August!

I'm starting to worry a little -- I knew this whole process was going too smoothly! Please, please keep these things in your prayers.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Hardy
I'm sorry you're having setbacks...we all know that governments do crazy things at bad times, so don't take it personal. The only advice I have is to continue to let things go as they were set out before you. Don't get bogged down on worrying what might happen, because anything could. Just keep your eye on the prize and know that God has set this plan into action, has followed through during the whole process, and He won't leave you stranded. I used to have a notecard on my mirror that said "if God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it". It helps to remember that little ryhme in hard times. Hope everything works out, and we'll be thinking about you!!
Love, Jessi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home