Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thanks!


Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog! I've been learning a lot about the importance of partnership in ministry, and I feel like you guys are my partners. You have no idea how much your enthusiasm, encouragement, support, and prayers mean to me! I'm hoping to update this regularly throughout my two years in Budapest to help us keep in touch. I will send out letters, but in this blog I plan to be a little more detailed and personal -- so you get to hear about my work AND all my mistakes trying to speak Hungarian!

Here's where I'm at now:
  • I've completed my training, and it was amazing! I feel like it really prepared me to teach Third Culture Kids, and I LOVE the people who will be serving with me in Budapest. As you can see in the picture, there will be quite a few new teachers at ICSB this year. It's a great group of people, and I am so excited about working with them!
  • I have received around 65% of my monthly support --a big thank you to those of you who have been able to help financially! I have been overwhelmed and humbled by your generosity. I'm still looking for people, churches, small groups, businesses, etc. who might be willing to help, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
  • I've started packing up and plan to move out of Greensboro at the end of July. My plane leaves for Budapest on August 11!

I am so grateful to have your friendship and support.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Paula I love your blog! I didn't know you had one. I am so excited to be there in Hungary with you and I loved your comment on my blog. We need to talk soon! I miss you and your ability to help me think through the insanity a certain person seems to put me in. That may or may not have been a grammatically correct sentance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home