Tuesday, August 01, 2006

gratitude

People keep telling me how much I'm going to learn while I'm in Budapest. I agree, but it's amazing how much I've already learned! The main lesson, I think, is gratitude. I never realized how much I took for granted. Take air conditioning, for instance. Now that it's fixed, I am thrilled whenever it comes on. I never really thought about it before!
It's the same way with everything I'm packing up. I've always wished for more clothes, more books, more everything. This week I'm carrying several bags of clothes to Goodwill and boxes of books to EdMcKay's bookstore. Seeing everything bagged and boxed makes it clear that I have well beyond what I actually need.
Even though it's only been a few minutes here and there, I treasure the time I've had to spend with my friends. I've learned a lot about true friendship, mostly because you've given so much to me. I am overwhelmed by how much you've encouraged me, whether it's helping me pack, supporting me financially, or grabbing a quick lunch. You guys are amazing! I will miss you greatly...

and on a completely different note, this made me laugh hysterically. A friend of mine sent me to an article about how a new bridge is being built in Budapest. The builders have left the name up to the public, who are using an internet site to submit names and vote. The current second place contender is --no lie-- Chuck Norris. Other suggestions include David Hasselhoff and Gene Simmons. So if you'd like to cast your vote, visit this website: http://www.m0hid.gov.hu/szavaz Those crazy Hungarians! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home