Sunday, August 06, 2006

wow....

You guys really do read my blog! :) Thanks so much for the comments, emails, and prayers. I feel so much better today. Your encouragement made a world of difference.

I've decided to drive to DC and get a second passport. Then I'll apply for a visa when I'm in Hungary. Apparently the US doesn't often issue second passports, so please pray that they'll understand the necessity. This way, I'm on track to leave as scheduled on the 11th. I know some of you in Greensboro were thinking about seeing me off at the airport that afternoon. If you don't mind seeing me as a blubbering mess, email me for information.

Tonight I went back to Southside, the church where I grew up. They held a special service for me, and it was really touching. Those people truly represent what Christian community should be. Naturally, I cried a lot. In fact, on the way home, I was bawling when I suddenly saw a license check up ahead. I was a little worried the officer would see and think it was some sign of guilt! Fortunately, I don't look too criminal, so he let me pass...

Can I brag about my family for a minute? I'm sorry to break it to the rest of you, but I'm fairly certain that the Hardy/Patterson family members (and I'll include the Bains and Proctors!) are the greatest people on the planet. You guys mean the world to me.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Been thinking about and praying a lot for you! Glad to hear that things are looking up. Just remember that no matter what happens, God is in control.

Love you girl! Talk to you soon!

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck!
Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home