Thursday, August 17, 2006

wow...

We just had our new teacher orientation, and I am honestly blown away. I knew the school was building an addition, but until our tour today I had no idea how nice it is! I can't wait to be able to post pictures, because this will be as nice as, and maybe nicer, than any high school I've seen in NC. My room is awesome, almost as big as mine at SE, and I have an office space nearly the size of the SE yearbook room that I share with the other English teacher. nice! Plus I have an incredible view. I'm pretty excited. and that's a huge understatement.
Unfortunately, the contractor passed away suddenly last week, so the high school won't be finished when school starts. Right now, we plan to have the high school start a week later than everyone else. I'm pretty sure, though, that the new building is worth the wait.

We also spent a lot of time with the administration today, and they are such wonderful people. The director invited us to his house again this morning, and then they treated us at a Greek restaurant nearby, which was really good. After the nightmarish all-day cafeteria meeting at the beginning of the year at SE, this was a very welcome change! It is so nice to feel appreciated; they seem truly grateful to have us here. After this week, all of the teachers will be here except for Hannah, my roommate, and two families.

I'm so excited to be here!

fun facts that I forgot to share the other day:
  • from my apt. I can see a cukrazda, which literally means sugar house. Yes!
  • they play incredibly cheesy (which of course I love!) 80s music here all the time. I've only heard one current song the entire time I've been here.
  • at the grocery store there are three aisles of nothing but salami!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot WAIT to see the salami aisles! The school sounds allright too. It actually all sounds really great. I know you are lovin the 80's tunes.
In other news, my assistant quit so wish me luck in finding a new one!

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's awesome that you're finally under an administration that seems to understand the importance of teachers like yourself.... I was kind of secretly hoping for a hungarian that looked like Mr. Kremer (really more of just a funny thought). Anyways and please tell me that Magnum PI, the A-Team, and all those quality programs are being aired over there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home