Wednesday, September 09, 2009

my chance to be Molly Ringwald

so Mom and Dad are off exploring the West Coast for a few days.

You know what this means.

I have the house to myself -- finally, my chance to live life as an 80s movie.

So this is your invitation to a small gathering of a few carefully selected friends. Word will get out that there's a rockin' party in Birchwood. Cars will fill the yard, strangers will pour into the house unannounced. I'll be thrilled with my new-found popularity - until I find myself in line to use the bathroom in my own house. Then I'll spot that totally hot guy making out with the slutty blond girl. oh, the teen angst!

Then some dumb jock will drunkenly break a valuable item belonging to my mother, I'll realize that popularity isn't worth this hassle, and I'll kick everyone out. I'll eye the massive chaos and wonder how I'll ever explain the pizza stuck on the ceiling. Thankfully, the boy I previously dismissed (because, you know, I was totally crushing on Hot Boy) will appear out of nowhere. He'll help me clean everything so that mom and dad will never know, and we'll begin our happily-ever-after by goofily dancing to Walk Like an Egyptian as the credits roll.

(I may have a) watched far too many movies as a child b) WAY too much time on my hands.)

See you this weekend. :)

P.S. casting for role of Quirky Best Friend is now open!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Leslie said...

Ah, if not for lesson plans and interims due next Monday, I would submit my resume to be said quirky sidekick! You are officially the funniest person I know.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accepting the role as nosey neighbor, I can assure you, despite your HotBoy's attempts to cover up this night of riotous raunchiness, mom and dad will find out and it's not going to be pretty, even in pink.

PS: Unless you cast me as quirky best friend.

BB

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PSS: Please pardon the run-on sentence.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger haichan said...

Thanks for the laughter break in the midst of paper writing. Can I apply for Quirky Best Friend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home