Monday, July 06, 2009

I'm back and jetlag free!

I really should've written sooner, but this wasn't exactly my favorite travel experience, so I kind of wanted to forget all about it! Let's just say I had one of my worst ever headaches and multiple delays. but I made it home after a VERY long day.
and in an interesting case of symmetry... long-time readers may remember my flight to Budapest three years ago, where I nearly missed my connection and Polish Air graciously held the plane for me. I was thrilled. Well, on this flight from Budapest to Warsaw, I was the very first one there. I decided to take no chances!
It did me no good.
About ten minutes before the boarding time, I heard my name announced over the intercom. I was informed there was a problem with my luggage and I needed to talk to the police. So I was led through a maze of hallways and tiny offices until I got to the security area. I had to wait for the police to come, but finally we were able to open the suitcase and investigate the mysterious weapon in my bag.
It was a very high-heeled shoe.
The girl monitoring the process laughed and filled out a ridiculous amount of paperwork. And once again, I had to run (this time dragging my 23 kilo suitcase plus my laptop case and giant purse full of books) to make the plane they were holding for me. whew!

I haven't had much jetlag, but I have been really tired. I haven't done much at all, except see family. But that's been great, so no complaints.

My last mailout is coming soon, but my laptop won't start at all right now, so I can't access my addresses... anyway, if you're one of my financial supporters, don't mail anything after the end of this month; my last paycheck will arrive August 15, and I won't receive any money after that date. Thanks so much for all you've done! It's been amazing to see how well the Lord provides for His children!

I'm beginning to plan a whirlwind trip through Raleigh, Greensboro, Asheville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta soon -- so if you want to meet up in one of those places, let me know!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Allyson said...

I think I saw Asheville! You better let me know when!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

We should all go out to eat in CH or Raleigh:) If you don't have my digits it's 252-458-1777. Let us know if you're around. Hopefully you'll be at the lake!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kacie said...

Hey! Kim and I may be meeting up for a trip to ATL at the end of the month. When will you be there?

PS, I feel your pain about this whole being back thing. Ugh. Love the travel story though. My mom and I had some fun adventures, ourselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home