Monday, September 22, 2008

God has such a sense of humor....

Lisa and I often joke about how the Lord will have to bring a man to our doorstep. Little did we know that would actually happen....

So Sunday morning, I was in my room getting ready for church, when I heard a man's voice. I walked into the hallway, thinking I'd go to the door and see what he wants -- but actually he was right there, inside the house, in front of my bedroom door -- a man I had never seen, carrying a bouquet of flowers!

Thank God he spoke English, because I was so flustered by having a random guy in our place I couldn't think of a single word in Hungarian... although he was pretty embarrassed and confused himself! Apparently, his mother (who now lives in the house above us) used to live in our apartment, but the son (let's call him Gabor) hasn't been too great about keeping in touch with her. He showed up unexpectedly to spend Sunday with her, and just walked in to surprise her! We laughed about it, and I sent Gabor on his way upstairs.

It was a pleasant weekend -- although I had to give in to impending cold weather and switch out all my summer clothes for warmer things. Yesterday Lisa and I spent the afternoon at Gloria Jean's coffeeshop with a Polish girl who's new to Budapest and looking for a church. Nothing like a little coffee with good conversation on a cold day -- especially at Heroes' Square.

We sang a song yesterday during worship that I love. I actually found the Hungarian lyrics online, which is kind of a minor miracle, but here's the English version for those of you not fluent in magyarul :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what an early-morning jolt to my casually-appreciative-of-salvation self!

Thanks for posting this.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home